Wednesday, November 29, 2006

NIECES AND NECKLACES



Okay, so it's really only one necklace, but you get the point, I made some jewelry for my three beautiful neices. Here is a picture of Brittany with her new bracelet. She asked me to make her something pink. She picked out the larger beads, a light clear pink bead with pretty designs going through them. I set each of the large beads off with a small daisy spacer bead and put a variety of pink colored seed beads between the large beads. I really like this bracelet and I'm thinking of making one for myself. I have extra beads, so I make take another crack at this one.





Caleigh asked me for a necklace. Brittany also helped me pick out the beads for this project. She said Caleigh likes green and pink, so these are the beads we chose. They are very funky beads and we all really liked them. I set these beads off with silver nubby beads, a little larger since I was working with larger beads. I used a variety of colors with the green and pink seed beads to go between the larger beads. I'm a little bit afraid that the string I used for this is not strong enough. It's a stretchy string and it was bouncing quite a bit. But, my sister-in-law Emma helped me test it's strength by pulling on one end. We didn't get the strand to break, so maybe it will be okay.





Here is a picture of both projects side-by-side. I wish I could get better pictures of the colors. I'm going to have to work with my picture taking.






I also made a clip for my other niece Sarah. She wanted a blue barrette, so here it is. I found the pattern in Katie Hackers book Hip To Bead. I just love this book. I was excited to try a clip, so this was a lot of fun, I'm not sure I did a very good job, but I liked doing it, so I'll try again soon. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Sarah wearing the clip, but I'm sure I'll get one sometime. Thanks to my sister-in-law Kim for taking the picture of the clip.

Now in some other news, I was really excited about watching the OU vs OSU game on Saturday, I'm just glad it turned out well, it was a little scary there for a while. My Dad called me up first thing Sunday morning to see if I could call the OU ticket office and get some tickets to the Big XII Championship game in Kansas City. I called for almost an hour before I finally go through and got 5 tickets. Both my brothers will be going, my dad and me and David. Luckily the package arrived today! We also got a parking pass, so hopefully we won't have trouble getting a good spot to park. I just hope everyone dresses warm, cause I'm afraid we're going to freeze our tushes off! But, I'm sure we'll have a good time!

5 Comments:

Blogger EZ said...

I am thoroughly enhappyated by the seatation localality (did I spell thoroughly right?). However, I am surprised that you actually allow me to go to games with you since you will always be guaranteed some of the worst weather ever if I am there (we've had windy-est, cold-est...maybe icy-est or snowy-est).
By the way, your camera is blurry and suck, you lose at teh internets.

8:36 PM

 
Blogger Emma said...

Your camera really is kind of blurry and suck.

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Emma said...

By the way, have fun at the game on Saturday. With the looong drive. And the ice and snow. And Paul. Hahahahahahahaha, suckers!

11:10 AM

 
Blogger EZ said...

When you're driving in the van, and you make something tan....

5:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are off to a great start! I especially like the necklace you made for Caleigh!

This is a very exciting time for you - learning new techniques, building confidence, and watching as your own distinctive style begins to emerge!

Please continue to share your work - I would love to watch you grow as an artist. =)

Also, if you ever run into problems, are unsure of how to do something, or just have questions, know that there is a huge network of friendly, supportive beaders out there who would be more than happy to help (myself included). The forums at beadandbutton.com are always a good place to start.

Good luck!

~Rachel

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home