Thursday, November 23, 2006

FEEL THE FRUSTRATION...

Okay, so I suck at blogging. I know, it's been weeks since I've updated. I'll apologize upfront. Let me just say that I've had a busy couple of weeks and we'll leave it at that.

I did find time to work on my first beading project, a watch that has me very frustrated at the present time. Here's a picture of the unfinished project. I found this pattern in Katie Hacker's book Hip To Bead. She has a lot of really cool designs in this book and I can't wait to try some more. I breezed right through the pattern and thought I was doing really well. That is, until I got to the finishing point. First, I was using crimping beads that were too small and I was struggling with getting both wires fed back through the bead. I finally took my round nose pliers and worked with it for a long time. I got one of the wires fed through, but couldn't get the second one through. Of course, since I've been working with it so much, the wire is a tangled mess and completely wrinkled. I'm pretty sure I'll have to scrap the whole thing and start fresh.

So, I decided to make something easy. This necklace is my own design. I used green millefiori heart shaped beads,
a variety of green seed beads and small silver daisy spacer beads. This was very simple and quick (it only took me about five minutes start to finish). It also gave me the satisfaction of completion that I was desperately in need of.

Maybe now I'll go back and finish that watch...



P. S. The pictures don't really do the jewelry justice, it's really hard to take good pictures of the pieces. Maybe next time I'll find a couple of models to help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home